Recipe by Recipe USA
This is a family favorite German dish. Very easy and very GOOD!
Top Review by CookinNEatinGal
This is a lovely recipe for Weiner Schnitzel! It was enjoyed by the whole family. It's always good to try something different and this was one we will have again and again. Thank you for sharing it with us!
- 4 large veal chops, boned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs (plain or Italian)
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml powdered thyme
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 parsley sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound veal with a meat pounder until very thin, being careful not to tear the meat. If you don't have veal, you can also use pork or chicken cutlets. I have used all 3 at one time or another and they are all delicious.
- Beat the eggs with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. Dip the veal in egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Place the meat on a cookie sheet in single layer and refrigerate, covered with wax paper, for at least 1 hour to help keep coating intact when cooking.
- Saute veal until lightly browned on both sides, 7-10 minutes in all, in butter or olive oil.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.