Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a family favorite German dish. Very easy and very GOOD!
Make and share this Weiner Schnitzel, Veal Cutlettes With Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large veal chops, boned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (plain or Italian)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 parsley sprigs
- Pound veal with a meat pounder until very thin, being careful not to tear the meat. If you don't have veal, you can also use pork or chicken cutlets. I have used all 3 at one time or another and they are all delicious.
- Beat the eggs with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. Dip the veal in egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Place the meat on a cookie sheet in single layer and refrigerate, covered with wax paper, for at least 1 hour to help keep coating intact when cooking.
- Saute veal until lightly browned on both sides, 7-10 minutes in all, in butter or olive oil.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.
This is a lovely recipe for Weiner Schnitzel! It was enjoyed by the whole family. It's always good to try something different and this was one we will have again and again. Thank you for sharing it with us!