1/1 Photo of Weiner Schnitzel, Veal Cutlettes With Lemon
Recipe USA's Note:
This is a family favorite German dish. Very easy and very GOOD!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large veal chops, boned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (plain or Italian)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 1Pound veal with a meat pounder until very thin, being careful not to tear the meat. If you don't have veal, you can also use pork or chicken cutlets. I have used all 3 at one time or another and they are all delicious.
- 2Beat the eggs with lemon juice. Set aside.
- 3Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. Dip the veal in egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- 4Place the meat on a cookie sheet in single layer and refrigerate, covered with wax paper, for at least 1 hour to help keep coating intact when cooking.
- 5Saute veal until lightly browned on both sides, 7-10 minutes in all, in butter or olive oil.
- 6Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weiner Schnitzel, Veal Cutlettes With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 684.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: