Recipe by Clotho
This is something my Mom made for us as kids, so I class it as kid friendly. I still make this on a regular basis when I'm looking for some warm comfort.
Top Review by Cherryberrybug
I liked it -- my husband didn't. It was very easy, smelled great while baking and I thought tasted fine but maybe not the best for eye appeal. I can see where kids would like it and I wouldn't count it out for a quick and easy supper.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 beef hot dogs (there would be 8 in a 1lb pkg)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can vegetable soup, condensed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1⁄3 cup instant rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice onion and add to a 2 qt casserole dish that has a lid.
- Slice weiners into 1/2 inch thick coins and add to onion.
- Mix soup into weiners & onion.
- Add water and stir until soup is dissolved.
- Add rice, black pepper, parsley & stir again.
- Bake for 10 minutes with lid off.
- Remove from oven & stir.
- Bake for an additional 25-35 minutes with lid on.