Recipe by Kelly-Mom2Girls
My mom would make this for us every Saturday growing up; we loved it!!! I made it for my husband when we first got married, and he still asks for it all the time... It's SOOO easy!
Top Review by Chef Treenie
This recipe has potential for goodness, I'm sure...maybe if I had cut the brown sugar and mustard (which overpowered the dish) & instead of the turkey dogs I used - use nathans or kielbasa?
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 10 hot dogs, sliced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together. Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees in a 2 quart casserole or equivalent square or rectangular pan.
- Note: I have also made this vegetarian and vegan by substituting soy hot dogs and vegetarian baked beans and replacing the onion soup mix with dried minced onions, garlic powder and salt.