Recipe by BecR
Delicious traditional Christmas Punch of tea, red wine, rum, fresh lemon & orange juice, and spices. Not only for Christmas, but whenever the weather is cold. Serve hot!
Top Review by CookTillUDrop
Served for my New Years party, this was an excellent choice to make! I squeezed the juice from the lemon and oranges into the punch for added flavor, then added more slices. Delicious punch!
- 946.36 ml strongly brewed black tea
- 295.73 ml sugar, to taste
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 3 oranges, juice of
- 8 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 (1500 ml) bottle red wine (choose a full-bodied variety such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, or Merlot)
- 236.59 ml golden rum
- fresh lemon and orange slice, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine the sugar and the freshly brewed (still hot) tea. Add the lemon juice, orange juice, cloves, and cinnamon stick; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the red wine. Heat and stir over medium-low heat until just below the boiling point.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the rum in a small pot (do not boil). Once hot, add to the larger pot and mix together.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Ladle into mugs. Serve hot with a fresh lemon or orange slice.