Delicious traditional Christmas Punch of tea, red wine, rum, fresh lemon & orange juice, and spices. Not only for Christmas, but whenever the weather is cold. Serve hot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups strongly brewed black tea
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, to taste
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 3 oranges, juice of
- 8 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 (750 ml) bottles red wine (choose a full-bodied variety such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, or Merlot)
- 1 cup golden rum
- fresh lemon and orange slice, to garnish
- 1In a large pot, combine the sugar and the freshly brewed (still hot) tea. Add the lemon juice, orange juice, cloves, and cinnamon stick; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- 2Add the red wine. Heat and stir over medium-low heat until just below the boiling point.
- 3Meanwhile, gently heat the rum in a small pot (do not boil). Once hot, add to the larger pot and mix together.
- 4Remove cloves and cinnamon stick.
- 5Ladle into mugs. Serve hot with a fresh lemon or orange slice.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weihnachtspunsch - Traditional German Christmas Punch
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: