Candace Michelle's Note:
My grandmother used to tell me about these cookies all the time, when she gave the recipe to me, I knew I needed to save it here. The yield depends on cookie cutter sizes. I got about 24 cookies using small trees and stars as cutters. Time accounts for 3 batches in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter; add sugar gradually, continuing to cream.
- 2Add egg yolks, orange rind, nutmeg, vanilla, and brandy. Mix well.
- 3Slowly add flour until mixture becomes a workable dough. Roll out and cut with Christmas cookie cutters, brush with egg white and decorate (sprinkles, almonds, nuts, etc.). If you sprinkle with brown sugar before baking they will sparkle!
- 4Bake at 375-400°F for approximately 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weihnachtskekse (German Christmas Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.8
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.2 mg
- Sodium 17.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of