Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Who would have thought something so tasty could be low calorie. One cup is equal to 2 points.
- 2 (595.33 g) can chicken broth
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen broccoli
- 283.49 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 226.79 g Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- Add 2 cans chicken broth.
- Add 1 can Rotel tomatoes.
- Add 2 packages frozen broccoli.
- Cook together 8 minute and then stir in 8 oz. Velveeta light cheese.
I wasn't sure about this at first, but it looked so easy so I gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I did add some chopped onion and garlic and I think that improved the flavor over how the recipe reads as is. It still was simple and cheesy. I may add an extra can of Rotel next time as well. Thanx for sharing!
I actually posted this recipe on WW years ago. The trick is that it MUST be rotel tomatoes. Also, I don't use chicken broth. Just water. And I use 2% Velveeta. To make things more interesting, I add a bunch more veggies. Shoe string carrots, sliced mushrooms, cauliflower, artichoke hearts. It makes it really hearty and filling.
If you didn't like it, make sure not to substitute ingredients until you get the hang of it, This is a really easy recipe. I would add that once the veggies have cooked down and I add the chunked up Velveeta, I use a potato masher to mash up the veggies and mix in the cheese.
Very yummy & filing. I added an onion, garlic, oregano, & crushed red pepper flakes. Thanks for the great recipe!