Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This came from a leaflet in a Weight Watchers meeting. I have replicated it as the original recipe but i found for my tastes I liked a little more ginger and a little less water to make it thicker. It freezes well and is ideal for when the munchies strike. I think this would also be nice if the ginger was replaced with cumin or chili and the stock with coconut milk (although this would add a points value)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 350 g sliced carrots
- 15 g tiny pasta, shapes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the onion and ginger in a pan with 6 tbsp of the stock.
- When the onion has softened slightly add the carrots and stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup and season if desired.
- Place the soup back in the pan and add the mini pasta shapes.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes.