Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This came from the UK version of weight watchers magazine. Its thick and creamy and satisfyingly filling. It works out at 3 points per portion (based on the British system) Adding roasted garlic (if you have any) really enhances this dish and adds to the richness of it.
Top Review by janejones03
Absolutely loved this dish. I tend to use more butternut squash than is stated. Not sure where the 3 point value came from as I worked it out as being around 8 smart points. Definately one of my favourite WW meals. Jane
- 400 g butternut squash, cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 200 g risotto rice
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the squash on a tray and spray with the oil. Strip the leaves from the Rosemary and finely chop. Sprinkle over the squash and roast at 200 deg C for 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy based pan and spray with oil. saute the onion until soft.
- add the rice and coat with the onion mix. Add a ladleful of stock and stir until it is absorbed. repeat this process until all the stock is used.
- Stir the garlic, cheese, vinegar and roasted squash and serve.