Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from the UK version of weight watchers magazine. Its thick and creamy and satisfyingly filling. It works out at 3 points per portion (based on the British system) Adding roasted garlic (if you have any) really enhances this dish and adds to the richness of it.
- 400 g butternut squash, cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 200 g risotto rice
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- cooking spray
- Place the squash on a tray and spray with the oil. Strip the leaves from the Rosemary and finely chop. Sprinkle over the squash and roast at 200 deg C for 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy based pan and spray with oil. saute the onion until soft.
- add the rice and coat with the onion mix. Add a ladleful of stock and stir until it is absorbed. repeat this process until all the stock is used.
- Stir the garlic, cheese, vinegar and roasted squash and serve.