Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This pound cake is sweet, moist and delicious. It will make 12 servings and is 5 points per serving, according to Weight Watchers.
- cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, vanilla extract and almond extract; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until blended.
- Beat in sugar, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Beat in flour and egg mixture, little by little, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 slices and serve.
- Yields 1 slice per serving.
Mmmmmm. Lainey you have another winner. I used 95% fat free cream cheese, all egg white (no yolk) and Splenda granulated. Made half the recipe in 4 mini loaves. You really couldn't ask for better taste from a very diabetic friendly creation. It was served with a berry compote. Really wonderful.
I made this last night to make a low cal strawberry shortcake! It was sooo good! I made it in 4 mini loaves and accidentally overcooked it, but it was still yummy! Will definately be making this again!