Recipe by senseicheryl
I found this recipe in the March/April 2008 issue of Weight Watchers magazine. It is a CORE recipe for those following the CORE plan and it is a points value of 5 for a serving of 1 cup of chili with 2 tablespoons sour cream and 1 tablespoon of scallions.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Very tasty, very easy ... great for a week night. I used Certified Angus Beef ground beef and rinsed it with hot water to remove some of the fat content. I also used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, which may have reduced the points overall!
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 340.19 g lean ground beef (7% fat or less)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes
- 439.41 g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 439.41 g black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3.69 ml salt
- 177.44 ml nonfat sour cream
- 2 scallions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Cook until the vegetables are softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the chili thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with the sour cream and scallions.