When your low on points for the week or if you want something that will fill you up that won't count against your points, indulge yourself in this YUMMY soup.. BTW- my 3. 5, and 7 year old LOVED this soup with some oyster crackers.. Family Pleaser!
- 4 cups spinach, washed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 28 ounces canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Remove bay leaves, stir and serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- I used whole baby carrots, and also included the top parts of the celery, I cheat with my garlic and buy it already minced from Costco and my family LOVES garlic so I am sure I added more than what it calls for, I also added more spice on everything, including the red peppers. But after doing all of that, I still came out with a 0 Point Soup that tastes so good! :).