Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
I love the Chinese Egg tomato soup from Po's Dumpling Bar in Kansas City. It has the consistency of egg drop with the sweetness of the tomatoes and the rich flavor. This is super inexpensive and it's easy and it's so fast.
- cooking spray
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 inch knob fresh ginger (optional)
- dried chili (optional)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil, if you have it
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1. Spray sauce pan, heat to Med high. Put in chopped tomato, salt and splenda. Cook for 6 min, or until tomato is broken down. Add broth, ginger, dried chili, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Boil for 6 minute
- 2. Whisk egg with egg white. Pour slowly in circular motions into soup. Stir. Consume.
Meant to give it a 5 star
This sounds really good, but I used my Weight Watchers Points Plus calculator to calculate the points plus value from the nutritional info provided and the total points if this is one serving is 7 not 2.