Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Received this from a meeting. Very tasty! They point value we were told from our meeting leader was 4/serving. Some of the reviews people have recalculated it saying 8. To be safe, I would refigure it so your comfortable knowing the points.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups canned tomato sauce
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- Preheat oven 375.
- Cook shells until al dente, rinse and set aside.
- Mix cheeses, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce on bottom of 9x13 dish.
- When shells are cool enough to handle, fill each shell with cheese mixture and place in baking dish. When all shells are in dish, spoon remaining tomato sauce over shells. Cover pan and bake for 20 minutes. Yields about 4 shells per serving.
- Servings 6.
I'm wondering if I did something wrong!! My filling didn't even fill half of the box of shells, so I had to double the batch, and then all the filling cooked right out of my shells! It ended up more like a soupy casserole for me. :o( We still ate it, and still LOVED the flavor. It makes me sad because I really want to make this again, it was delicious. Am I really the only one who had this problem??? I double checked the recipe, and followed it to a tee. Well thanks for posting, and I will try again, hopefully with better results!
Who every wrote this recipe was way off the mark with the cooking time and the measurements of the ingredients. Also It does not look anything like the picture. It just goes to show any one who has no taste bud can write a recipe. This is the second recipe from this site that does not know how to write proper recipes.
Big hit. Cooked pasta for 9 minutes so that it would hold up when filling it. The mixture was strong. I liked it but one of the kiddos thought it was too much the first time but on round two was very happy with the flavor. Go figure. I had lots of extra shells so I whipped up a second batch to freeze...it never made it to the freezer. After sports the kids were dying for more. Thank you.