Recipe by Melanie2590
This is a simple and delicious treat that's great as a side item during dinner or even dessert. I like to eat them for breakfast, as breakfast is hard to fit into a diet. Each serving is only 2 weight watchers points! (borrowed from splenda.com)
Top Review by Mean Mary
I make this often, but usually add a teaspoon each of chopped pecans and raisins or dried cranberries. I core the apple almost completely but leave the blossom end still attached so the goodies don't leak out.
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and core apples using an apple corer. Place slices in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix splenda and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples.
- Place small dots of margarine over the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes, until a little soft.