Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple and delicious treat that's great as a side item during dinner or even dessert. I like to eat them for breakfast, as breakfast is hard to fit into a diet. Each serving is only 2 weight watchers points! (borrowed from splenda.com)
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and core apples using an apple corer. Place slices in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix splenda and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples.
- Place small dots of margarine over the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes, until a little soft.
I make this often, but usually add a teaspoon each of chopped pecans and raisins or dried cranberries. I core the apple almost completely but leave the blossom end still attached so the goodies don't leak out.
Oh WOW!!! This was REALLY good! Great breakfast as you had mentioned. Thank you so much for posting!