Recipe by cakeinmyface
found a page of a feb 2007 weightwatchers magazine irresistible thought id share ready for the dieters at the new years (this incudes my tubby self)
for the dressing
- 2 teaspoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 red chili (sliced finely)
for the salad
- 50 g raw mange-tout (halved)
- baby salad leaves (handful)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into slim wedges
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 75 g cucumbers, sliced
small handful of
- fresh coriander
- of fresh mint
- fresh basil leaf
- 100 g thai jasmine rice
- 200 g lean rump steak trimmed of all fat
- low-fat cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- in a small bowl whisk the ingredients together for the dressing together and set aside.
- place the mangetout in a heatproof bowl and pour boiling wtaer over, drainw ell after 5 minutes. arrange mangetout salad leaves, red onion and most o the herbs on a serving platter, set aside.
- menawhile season the steak with grounds salt and black pepper heat nonstick pan with low fat cooking spray and fry the steak for a minute or two each side until done to your liking place on a warm plate to rest for 2 minutes.
- cook the jasmine rice according to packet instructions.
- slice steak into thin strips arrange on top of salad the pour the dressingover and garnish with remaining herbs, serve with rice.