Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I really like these. This has 3 PointsPlus Value points for 4 servings.
- 453.59 g uncooked sweet potato, cut into 4-inch long x 1/2-inch thick fries
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml chili powder, chipotle variety
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 2.46 ml table salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1 medium fresh lime, cut into wedges
- Soak cut potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour; drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange fries on prepared pan, packed tightly together; drizzle with oil and turn potatoes until fries are well-coated with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, turmeric, salt and sugar.
- Sprinkle half of spice mixture over fries; flip fries and sprinkle with remaining spices.
- Turn fries over several times to make sure spice mixture is evenly distributed.
- Spread fries out and bake, turning once or twice during baking, until desired degree of doneness, about 25-32 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges and extra salt on the side, if desired.
- Yield 1/4 of potatoes per serving.