Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
WW recipe that is 5 pts per serving. One serving is one slice of beef and one cup of vegetables.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef eye round
- 14 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 cups frozen small whole onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut potatoes into 12 pieces.
- Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces.
- Spray a dutch oven with nonstick spray.
- Add beef, cook 8-10 minutes.
- Add spices and broth, hot sauce.
- Bring to boil.
- Add vegetables.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut beef into 6 slices.
Wow. This was a great combination of flavors. I used 2 tsp chipotle tabasco in place of the hot pepper sauce. Definitely a repeat recipe!
I didnâ€™t have carrots and donâ€™t care much for them anyway, but I did have a butternut squash that I needed to use - so I diced that up and threw it in with everything else in the crock-pot. The spice mixture is a fantastic change of pace from your standard pot roast with the onion soup mix, and is suited the squash well. I might also switch out and use sweet potatoes instead of white next time. Thanks.
I've made this recipe before and loved it! Very good!