Recipe by Budgiegirl
4 points or core for Weight Watchers
Top Review by enigma535
This definitely had some kick but needed salt and maybe something else. If I made it again, I might add corn and black beans. I just needed something more I guess. I cooked the brown rice seperate as others had suggested. My husband did enjoy this, although he poured hot sauce on it, also.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 4 pimento stuffed olives, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic, stirring frequently until soft. about 8 minutes.
- Add Cajun seasoning, chili powder and cumin. Cook 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir constantly until grains are coated, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and olives; cook covered, until rice is tender and chicken is heated, about 5 more minutes.