Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a lovely baked pie recipe using left-over spaghetti from weightwatchers.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom (chopped)
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces firm tofu (drained and crumbled)
- 2 cups spaghetti (cooked)
- 3⁄4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- saute veggies in oil.
- add tomato sauce and tofu.
- bring to boil.
- simmer for 10 minutes.
- coat pie plate with cookie spray.
- arrange spaghetti in bottom and up sides.
- pour in sauce mixture.
- add cheese.
- bake 375 for 20 minutes.
As written, I found this to be quite bland. Thankfully I used a flavorful basil marinara sauce (and added an extra 1/2 cup to the mixture. I also added in 1 small sliced sauteed zucchini and used baby bella mushrooms (closer to 1 cup of them). For me, this made 1 small cake pan and then 1 loaf pan (to freeze and make later). UPDATE: This was better on day 2 as leftovers and instead of mozzarella, I used vegan pepper jack which definitely helped.