Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From a Weight Watchers cookbook, each serving should be 4 points
- 2 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 3 slices light bread, curmbled (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- Coat 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Tear off two lengths of aluminum foil long enough to fit in bottom of cooker and extend 3 inches over each side of cooker. Fold each foil strip lengthwise to form 2-inch-wide strips. Arrange foil strips in a cross fashion in cooker, pressing strip in bottom of cooker and extending ends over sides of cooker.
- Combine beef and next 5 ingredients; shape mixture into a loaf the shape of the slow cooker container. Place loaf in slow cooker over foil strips. (Foil strips become "handles" to remove meat loaf from slow cooker.)Make a shallow indention on top of meat loaf. Combine ketchup and salsa (chili sauce); pour over meat loaf.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8 hours or on high heat 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Use foil strips to lift meat loaf from cooker. Let meat loaf stand 10 minutes before serving.Yield: 8 servings/4 points.