I found this recipe in the September/October 2007 issue of Weight Watchers magazine. 2 cookies = 3 points (without the colored sugar)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light butter, stick butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 2Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy using an electric mixer on high speed.
- 3Beat in the egg white and the vanilla.
- 4Slowly add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately and beat until just blended.
- 5Shape into a disk, wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- 8Set a large rack over a sheet of wax paper.
- 9On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- 10Using a 2 1/2 inch leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the cookies rerolling the scraps to make a total of 28 cookies.
- 11With a spatula, place the cookies 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheets.
- 12Bake until the cookies are lightly browned at the edges, 12-15 minutes.
- 13Transfer the cookies to the rack and cool completely.
- 14To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients except the colored sugar (if using) in a bowl.
- 15Use a spoon to drizzle the frosting over the cookies and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 16Let stand until the frosting is set, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 79.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g