Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
have not tried yet but this sounds like breakfast pie to me
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups pumpkin, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Put everything in a 3- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir well before serving.
- if you're on weight watchers this is 3 points per serving.
I made this with canned pumpkin and forgot to adjust the water. I also added more cinnamon before serving. We did like it and will make it again. Great to make a pot for the week.
followed this to the recipe and it was a disaster, set it up the night before, next am, was a putrified mess, totally liquid, and not appetizing...maybe it was my crockpot, but have used it for things like this before.
My husband loved it, which is saying a lot. Thanks for posting.