1/2 Photos of Weight Watchers Slow-Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
2 hrs 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Weight Watchers site. I have not tried it yet, but it is one of my favorite soups so I had to save it to try soon. It is 5 points per serving. The serving size is 3/4 cup plus 3 T corn chips for 5 points so if you want more, double the recipe AND the points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped
- 1 lb uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups canned chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 8 ounces kraft Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 baked corn tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds.
- 2Add garlic, onion and celery to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3Coat a 3-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray; spoon in vegetables.
- 4Place same skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes; pour off any liquid and add meat to slow cooker.
- 5In a small cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until lump-free.
- 6Pour flour mixture into same skillet; add remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth.
- 7Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits in bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, and then pour into slow cooker; stir in evaporated milk, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 8Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 2 hours.
- 9Serve soup topped with crumbled chips.
- 10Yields about 3/4 cup of soup and 3 tablespoons of chips per serving.
- 11Note: If the soup cooks too long, the cheese could separate.
- 12If that happens, combine 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup of soup in a cup; stir to a paste.
- 13Stir flour mixture back into soup in slow cooker; cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 15 minutes (does not affect POINTS values).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Slow-Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 1149.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat evaporated milk