For a nutrient boost, substitute 1 T ground flaxseed for 1 T of the all-purpose flour. These pancakes are also good to freeze for a snack or another breakfast. 5 PointsPlus value
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk both flours, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- 2Whisk milk, butter and egg yolk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- 3Pour milk mixture over flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- 4With electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites in medium bowl until foamy.
- 5Gradually add sugar, 1 T at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6With rubber spatula, gently fold half of beaten egg whites into flour mixture; then fold in remaining whites just until no white streaks remain.
- 7Heat nonstick griddle or 12-inch skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles; lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- 8Spoon batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto hot griddle about 2 inches apart, making a few pancakes at a time.
- 9Cook until tops are bubbly, some bubbles burst and edges look dry, 2-3 minutes.
- 10Turn and cook until underside is golden, 2 minutes.
- 11Transfer to platter; keep warm.
- 12Repeat with remaining batter, spraying griddle with nonstick spray if necessary.
- 13Serving size: about 5 mini pancakes.
- 14Tasty Toppers: BananaRama. Combine 2/3 cups diced banana and 1 T honey to top pancakes. 1 T is 1 PointsPlus value.
- 15Another topping: Berry Chip: 3 T strawberry syrup plus 4 t mini-chocolate chips. 2 teaspoons are 1 PointsPlus Value.
- 16Nutty Maple Topping: 1/4 cup maple syrup plus 2 T finely chopped toasted almonds. 1 T is 1 PointsPlus Value.
- 17To freeze: Cool pancakes completely.
- 18Divide them into stacks of five.
- 19Wrap each stack in plastic wrap; put in freezer bag.
- 20Seal and freeze up to 1 month.
- 21Heat toaster oven to 350 degrees F.
- 22Place pancakes in single layer on baking pan; bake until heated through, 4-6 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Silver Dollar Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 256.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g