Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a nutrient boost, substitute 1 T ground flaxseed for 1 T of the all-purpose flour. These pancakes are also good to freeze for a snack or another breakfast. 5 PointsPlus value
- Whisk both flours, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Whisk milk, butter and egg yolk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Pour milk mixture over flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- With electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites in medium bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 T at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- With rubber spatula, gently fold half of beaten egg whites into flour mixture; then fold in remaining whites just until no white streaks remain.
- Heat nonstick griddle or 12-inch skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles; lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Spoon batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto hot griddle about 2 inches apart, making a few pancakes at a time.
- Cook until tops are bubbly, some bubbles burst and edges look dry, 2-3 minutes.
- Turn and cook until underside is golden, 2 minutes.
- Transfer to platter; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spraying griddle with nonstick spray if necessary.
- Serving size: about 5 mini pancakes.
- Tasty Toppers: BananaRama. Combine 2/3 cups diced banana and 1 T honey to top pancakes. 1 T is 1 PointsPlus value.
- Another topping: Berry Chip: 3 T strawberry syrup plus 4 t mini-chocolate chips. 2 teaspoons are 1 PointsPlus Value.
- Nutty Maple Topping: 1/4 cup maple syrup plus 2 T finely chopped toasted almonds. 1 T is 1 PointsPlus Value.
- To freeze: Cool pancakes completely.
- Divide them into stacks of five.
- Wrap each stack in plastic wrap; put in freezer bag.
- Seal and freeze up to 1 month.
- Heat toaster oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pancakes in single layer on baking pan; bake until heated through, 4-6 minutes.