Recipe by diamonds4heather
3 Points for a 1 cup serving! A delicious meal, especially on a cold winter evening.
Top Review by Mimosas for Mr & Mrs
I made this with 99% lean ground turkey, in order to make it extra healthy, and scratched the carrots and just used peas. It came out delicious, although it was a tad bit bland and the meat mixture was a teeny bit too dry for my taste. I tasted the meat mixture before I popped the whole thing in the oven and it was amazing and VERY juicy. Soo, I am thinking the reason for the dryness is from cooking for 40 minutes in the oven, and I am definitely going to make this recipe again next week and try cooking it in the oven for only about 20-25 minutes. Thanks so much for this great recipe, Diamonds!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium onion
- 3⁄4-1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender enough to mash. Add milk and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, mustard, and mash together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat over to 350.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray (or small amount of oil). Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Sprinkle flour over the turkey mixture. Stir well and cook until flour is absorbed (about 30 seconds). Stir in worcestershire sauce, sage, salt and pepper.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chicken broth. Turn down heat to simmer and cook until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Stir in peas and carrots. Pour the mixture into 9-inch square baking dish. Spoon the mashed potatoes over the turkey mixture.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven for about 40 minutes.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.