1/2 Photos of Weight Watchers Sesame Chicken
The restaurant version of this dish is loaded with fat, thanks to deep frying. WW has coated the chicken with flour and then pan-seared it to lighten it up. 4 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, raw
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, fresh, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes; transfer seeds to a shallow dish and set aside.
- 2Whisk water, soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and five-spice powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3Combine flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Shake chicken pieces to remove excess flour.
- 4Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce thickens and is almost evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 5Dip chicken pieces in toasted sesame seeds and serve, drizzled with any additional soy sauce mixture. Yields about 4 strips per serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 516.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: