Recipe by chris_tam
My MIL is Cajun and makes the best etoufee recipe I have ever tried. This I feel is equally as good and much lower in fat and calories too!!! Trust me you won't be able to tell the difference. This is just wonderful and my husband loves this recipe better then his mother's because of the lower fat content. You just have to try this delicious etoufee recipe. This is one you will want to make over and over again!
Top Review by Chef Dortra
I was at first skeptical of this recipe but it is delicious! I added a little garlic salt, black pepper, and used Emeril's Essence seasonings instead of Tony Chachere along with the Old Bay and served it over brown rice. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us!
- 1 cup onion (1 onion)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (1 green pepper)
- 1⁄3 cup celery (1 celery stalk)
- 1 cup clam juice or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb shelled shrimp
- 16 ounces crawfish tails
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat free condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, 98% ff
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of shrimp soup
- tony chacheres creole seasoning
- Old Bay Seasoning (to suit your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop green pepper, celery, onion. Sauté in a large pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add clam juice or chicken broth, shelled shrimp, crawfish tails only, all the soups and seasonings to your liking and simmer until shellfish are done, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve over steamed rice.
- Variation: Leave out the crawfish and add more shrimp or crabmeat.
- When I make this I use chicken broth instead of clam juice. I use a lot of Tony's and just sprinkle the whole top of the pot once with Old Bay seasoning and stir all together. We like a lot of spice at our house.
- WW points 3 without rice.