Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
You will need to marinate the pork chops for 8 hours, so plan ahead
- 1 large onion (coarsely chopped about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 pork chops (5 oz lean)
- 1. Mix first 6 ingredients in a large shallow dish. Stir in rum and lemon juice. Add pork, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 8 hours.
- 2. Remove pork chops from marinade. Discard marinade.
- 3. Bake at 350º till done.
I've tried dozens of the Weight Watchers recipes and this one was by far the worst. 4 pork chops ended up in the garbage. I think they may have been better if the lemon juice was substituted with pineapple juice, eliminate the thyme all together and grill the chops instead of baking them.
The whole family thought it was terrible. The rum was over powering as well as the cinnamon. The chops turned out moist but the flavor was just weird. Sorry.
We enjoyed this but really didn't get a major Wow! I was really expecting more flavor with the rum and the odd spice mixtures. Neither really came through. The meat was nice tender and moist. I cooked mine on the BBQ. Thanks for posting. :)