Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very easy and delicious side dish; goes well with the WW Sauteed Shrimp. ZERO POINTS! *Note - recipe calls for 1 medium or 1 large squash and zucchini - all depends on your preference. I use large myself.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, divided (4 sprays)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and quartered
- summer squash, halved lengthwise
- zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 12 ounces canned artichoke hearts, without oil, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange peppers, squash, zucchini, onion and artichokes on prepared baking sheets, flesh side up, and coat vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces and serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
Great low fat way to enjoy your veggies. Anything goes here. I just used butter flavored cooking spray and added fresh garlic cloves as another reviewer suggested, and the smell was wonderful. The only thing I would do differently would be to add my garlic cloves last, as they got overcooked. Wonderful healthful recipe. Thanks so much for posting.
FAB, FAB, FAB!!!!!!! You can use any roastable veggie in this recipe with great success! This is my second time making it and I used a whole eggplant, 20 cloves of garlic, a red, green and yellow bell peper, a red onion, and a can of artichoke hearts. I lightly misted all veggies with some garlic EVOO, sprinkled some garlic powder on and then added the dried thyme, salt and pepper. TO DIE FOR!!!!! Kids weren't crazy about it but DH and I were fighting over all of it (especially the garlic and the artichokes). I was tempted to sprinkle it all with balsamic vinegar and was so glad I didn't since it was so stinking good! GREAT RECIPE!
I made these vegetables last night using zucchini, broccoli, red pepper, artichoke hearts and red onion. I topped with seasoned salt, pepper and thyme. I only needed to cook for 10 minutes because I had already cut everything into bite-size pieces. I was very pleased how good these were without added oil (other than the cooking spray). Will definitely make again for free WW treat. Thanks for posting!