3 hrs 30 mins
I added a few veggies and some additional seasonings to WW Cowboy Beef Stew...it turned into a rich and delicious stew that no one would believe is a DIET recipe!! Serving size in 1 and 2/3 cups. WW points 4 or 5
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slice bacon
- 453.59 g beef top round steak, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 14.79 ml flour
- 14.79 ml McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 14.79 ml smoked paprika
- 226.79 g white onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 340.19 g bottle dark beer
- 236.59 ml strong black coffee
- 236.59 ml nonfat beef broth
- 14.79 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml HP steak sauce
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 226.79 g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 226.79 g mushroom, halved
- 226.79 g turnip, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml herbes de provence
- 1Cook the bacon in a nonstick Dutch oven set over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel to drain. Remove all but 2 teaspoons of the drippings from the Dutch oven.
- 2Meanwhile, pat the beef chunks dry with paper towels; Put the beef, flour, paprika and Montreal steak spice and flour in a large zip-close plastic bag. Shake the bag until the beef is evenly coated with the flour.
- 3Heat the drippings in the Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining beef.
- 4(Don't worry if it looks like it is overcooking -- once you add the veggies the crust on the bottom of the pan will scrape up easily and will add flavour and richness to the stew!).
- 5Crumble the bacon; set aside.
- 6Add the onions, carrots, celery, turnip, mushrooms, green beans and garlic to the Dutch oven. Cook, stirring frequently to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot, until the onions are golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the beef, bacon, beer, coffee, beef broth, ketchup, HP sauce, Splenda Brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, crushed red pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, 2 hours. Add the potatoes and simmer until the beef and potatoes are fork-tender, about 40 minutes.
- 7Add more beef broth if it becomes too dry as the potatoes cook.
- 8Gradually mix the corn starch with water in a seperate cup until smooth. Add to the simmering stew. Stir until thickened.
- 9Mix in Herbes de Provence 15 minutes prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watcher's Rich and Savoury Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 309.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
HP steak sauce
herbes de provence