Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a healthy vegetarian recipe that is tasty too. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers Fast and Fabulous Cookbook. Feel free to substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 6 ounces potatoes, pared and sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet instant chicken-flavored broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 1 dash thyme leaves
- 1 dash white pepper
- In 1-quart saucepan heat butter over medium heat until bubbly and hot.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery and saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and let simmer stirring occasionally, until vegetables and potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Pour mixture into work bowl of food processor and process until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat.