This is a healthy vegetarian recipe that is tasty too. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers Fast and Fabulous Cookbook. Feel free to substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 6 ounces potatoes, pared and sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet instant chicken-flavored broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 dash thyme leaves
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1In 1-quart saucepan heat butter over medium heat until bubbly and hot.
- 2Add onion, carrot, and celery and saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and let simmer stirring occasionally, until vegetables and potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- 5Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 6Pour mixture into work bowl of food processor and process until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Potato-Vegetable Puree
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 360.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant chicken-flavored broth