Recipe by xpnsve
This tasty chowder gets great flavor from Canadian bacon and scallions. The frozen peppers and potatoes slash prep time. From the WW website.
- cooking spray
- 16 ounces frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 cup frozen green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped (green part only)
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add potatoes and green pepper and cook, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes; add 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Remove half of potato mixture to a bowl. Puree remaining potato mixture in saucepan using an immersion blender; stir reserved potato mixture back into saucepan (or puree half of mixture in a blender and then stir back into saucepan).
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, salt, black pepper, skim milk, scallion and bacon; stir well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to heat through and to allow flavors to blend.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.