- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 . 5 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork with salt. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Stir broth, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chile powder, oregano, cumin and coriander into slow cooker. Top with hominy. Cover and cook until pork is fork-tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.