Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I havent tried this yet, but sounds good. I found this at shine.yahoo.com. Says it's 7 WW points
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat tortilla chips
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- Heat oven to 400. Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook chicken, onion, peppers, and garlic clove until tender. Add seasoning mix and taco sauce; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the broken chips in the bottom of casserole dish. Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining crushed chips.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with 3/4 cup salsa if desired.
This had good flavour but it was really goopy! I wonder if adding an egg to the sour cream/cottage cheese mixture would have helped it set.
This was surprisingly tasty, even the non-WW'ers in the house liked it. I didn't have sour cream, so I used extra cottage cheese and then I added about a 1/4 cup of FF ranch dressing. ( I also added a Tbs of chili powder to up the spice a bit.) This definitely goes on my list of busy night dinners.