Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can prepare this spicy sauce "of the devil" ahead of time, but its best to cook and serve the pasta at the last minute. 5 POINTS per serving (1 cup pasta & 3/4 cup sauce).
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on preference)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- In a large nonstick sauce pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook stirring frequently, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, sugar, salt and red pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions.
- Drain and divide evenly among 4 plates.
- Spoon sauce over linguine.
Very healthy, but my husband would have me add meat next time.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was really good. The wine gave it a little zip, and I liked that you can make it as hot or as mild as you want. Thanks!