You can prepare this spicy sauce "of the devil" ahead of time, but its best to cook and serve the pasta at the last minute. 5 POINTS per serving (1 cup pasta & 3/4 cup sauce).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on preference)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lb linguine
- 1In a large nonstick sauce pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- 2Add the onion and garlic; cook stirring frequently, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, sugar, salt and red pepper; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 5Stir in the parsley.
- 6Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions.
- 7Drain and divide evenly among 4 plates.
- 8Spoon sauce over linguine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Pasta Fra Diavolo
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 257.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g