Recipe by Hotmitts Houlihan
This is a weight watchers recipe I've been using for years though I modify it slightly to acccomodate our tastes...sometimes substituting Mexican style egg beaters for the regular and also omitting mushrooms and adding more hot sauce. What I love about this is that the cups can be made ahead and frozen and simply reheated when needed. (remove foil cups first.) This is the original recipe which states it's a one point serving. Experiment with your own favorite cheeses and vegetables. Can also be served as an appetizer or snack.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup shredded fat free cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave the spinach on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain completely.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
- Combine the egg substitute, cheese, mushrooms, spinach and onions in a bowl.
- Add hot pepper to taste.
- Divide evenly among the cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- May then be frozen if desired.