Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a weight watchers recipe I've been using for years though I modify it slightly to acccomodate our tastes...sometimes substituting Mexican style egg beaters for the regular and also omitting mushrooms and adding more hot sauce. What I love about this is that the cups can be made ahead and frozen and simply reheated when needed. (remove foil cups first.) This is the original recipe which states it's a one point serving. Experiment with your own favorite cheeses and vegetables. Can also be served as an appetizer or snack.
- Microwave the spinach on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain completely.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
- Combine the egg substitute, cheese, mushrooms, spinach and onions in a bowl.
- Add hot pepper to taste.
- Divide evenly among the cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- May then be frozen if desired.
Yummy! Will use this recipe again and again. Thanks!
This was great! Very easy! I did substitute some things. I used Egg Beaters for homemade Egg Beaters as previous reviewer mentioned and that was fantastic and saved me money! I used reduced fat shredded Mexican Cheese mix and in place of hot sauce I added 1 tsp of cayenne pepper. I also added tablespoons of basil, parsely, garlic powder, and black pepper just because I love spices! Next time i will make sure to take the paper part out of the Reynold's Baking cups...lol..which had me peel to get to the yumminess! Thats my error. It was fantastic and will make again! Thanks!
This is an excellent addition to my WW meal plan. I wanted something new for breakfast so I made these and they're great! I'm freezing most of them and I think I'll double the recipe next time. Thanks for sharing!