Prep 50 mins
Cook 13 mins
This really helped me to lose weight.
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium celery rib, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, small florets
- 2 cups broccoli, small florets
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Very tasty! I left out the chard and cauliflower, added some fresh green beans, a can of tomato paste, a can of diced tomatoes, some rosemary, a bay leaf, and a little oregano. This was so good I ate it for 6 days straight, and I HATE veggies! Thanks for helping me get my daily dose in such a tasty way!
I just started WW a couple days ago and decided soup is a great way to get veggies into me. With this recipe I have an extra bonus of no points.....and the most important part....O M G It is soooo good. I had chicken stock in the freezer so I used that instead of the veg. broth and I also put in a can of tomato paste. Thank you so very much for posting this great recipe. xo Kathy
This is a wonderful soup! Its spicy and so filling with all of the vegetables. We all loved it.
I didn't put in the cauliflower or broc and it was great without it. Definitely a keeper.