Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies are your old classic boiled chocolate oatmeal cookie, but made lighter for those of us watching our weight!
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- Bring margarine, milk, Splenda, and cocoa to a boil in medium saucepan. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Allow to cool completely before eating.
1 point!! Making these today!!
These are tasty but, for me, I would add some cinnamon just because I love it and I think it would add a very nice touch. I used Extra Special Nut Butter ( #483297) for the peanut butter which was great. I ended up making balls as the mix wasn't dropping very nicely. The only problem with that is that they look like meatballs :rofl:. Very easy and after setting up overnight I found that the flavor improved from fresh made.
These turned out good. I was really excited to find a low fat No Bake Cookie recipe. We love them at our house. I did think the amount of splenda was a bit much and will cut it down next time. You could definetly taste it, especially the aftertaste of it when you were finished. My family just started using Splenda in our drinks and I'm still getting used to the change. We like it though. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for New Kids on Block Tag.