Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. These burgers are lightened up by adding sauteed carrot, celery and mushrooms to the mix. You could also add other sauteed veggies such as chopped eggplant, shredded zucchini, drained chopped spinach, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 red peppers or 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb extra lean ground beef (10% or less fat)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet and sautes the peppers, onion, celery, celery and garlic until the onion is translucent (8-10 min).
- 2Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are brown and the liquid has evaporated (about 8 min).
- 3Cool to room temperature.
- 4Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray and preheat broiler.
- 5Combine mushroom mixture, beef, steak sauce, salt and pepper.
- 6Form into 4 burgers.
- 7Broil burgers 3 to 4 inches from heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Mushroom Hamburgers (4 Pts or Core)
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 64.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 19.7 g