Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This hot drink is perfect for chilly autumn nights. 2 POINTS per serving.
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon unpacked brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 average cinnamon sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and then strain into mugs.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Very tasty! I made mine even lower in carbs/sugar by using homemade apple cider without added sweeteners and Recipe #167817 made with Splenda. I also left out the brown sugar. Be sure to strain as stated, because the ground spices can be gritty. I used a cloth tea bag to put the ground spices in, and just tossed it when done. Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs game.