Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the WW website for my 'zaar buddies! The following are variations that can be added along with the appropriate POINTS values: We used POINTS Tracker to calculate the following additions to an individual 1-cup serving: ¼ cup corn kernels, POINTS value: ½ ¼ cup black beans, drained and rinsed, POINTS value: ½ 2 oz cooked shrimp, POINTS value: 1 2 oz shredded or diced white meat chicken, POINTS value: 2 2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream, POINTS value: 1
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup tomatillo, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 14 ounces canned Mexican-style tomatoes, Mexican-style preferred
- 1⁄2 medium poblano chile
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 roasted red peppers, packed in water
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Put snap beans, garlic, zucchini, tomatillos, jalapeno, diced tomatoes, green chili pepper, onion, green pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable broth into a large soup pot.
- Puree roasted peppers with chipotle in adobo sauce in a blender or food processor, and add to soup; stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, lime juice and cilantro. Serve.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup.
Delicious. What a nice change from the usual 0 point soups. Thank you for posting this scrumptious recipe. My whole family loves its, and the fact that it is Weight Watchers is my little secret.
I really love this soup! It tastes wonderful; the flavor is outstanding and I love the spiciness. A definite keeper! Thanks for posting!