Recipe by Clean Plate Club
Points: 4 per 1 1/2 c. serving
Top Review by teresas
This is really a yummy WW recipe. I would have given this the full 5 stars but for the following reasons. The ingredients listed weren't all in the directions on how to prepare the soup. I added the tomato paste during step #5. The thyme and sherry was added during step #7. I hope this is correct and if not it still came out tasting darn good. Thanks for posting. Make for Fall PAC 2009 :)
- 20 ounces canned clams, minced, drained, juice reserved
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces canned diced Rotel Tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 29 ounces fish stock or 29 ounces clam juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place reserved clam juice in a liquid measuring cup.
- Add water so that the total mixture equals 1 1/2 cups.
- In a large saucepan, combine juice mixture, celery, green pepper and carrot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, undrained tomatoes, fish stock/clam juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes more;
- Stir in clams. Return to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more until warmed through.