Recipe by xpnsve
Summer is coming!!! Don't miss out on those fabulous summer dishes, including macaroni salad! At 3 points per serving, you can afford to indulge at the next BBQ!
Top Review by jonesies
Made this recipe today in an effort to help my family eat healthier. I ended up adding an additional 2 tbsp of light mayo to the mix because it wasn't enough to coat the macaroni. Before adding the dressing, I tasted it and found it to be a little to tart, so added 1/2 tsp of sugar, which made it perfect. I figured 2 tbsp of lowfat mayo and 1/2 tsp of sugar didn't change the nutritional info very much at all, especially since there's 8 servings. My teenage children really enjoyed it! Thanks, I believe I will be making this quite often.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, raw
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (or more)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and garlic powder; stir mixture into cooked macaroni.
- Fold in celery, red onion and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.