I'm told from another chef that this recipe is now 6 points on the New Weight Watchers System...... We still make it regardless of the points..... it's GREAT :)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)
- Brown the meat and onions and drain.
- Mix ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning mix into the meat.
- Without draining, add all other ingredients.
- Simmer 1 hour.
Actually it is 6 PP ( Points Plus) per cup on Weight Watchers new Points Plus program. Really need to use lower sodium products to be more heart healthy. But have to say, really delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness, such flavor! I followed the recipe using mild Rotel tomatoes and a package of frozen chopped tomatoes from my garden (from 2009, shhhh don't tell, they even smelled fresh). This was so easy to put together. My nephew and his wife were my guinea pigs and they loved it as did I! I agree there is a lot of sodium in this recipe and I do need to watch my sodium. Next time I will try to use as many low sodium ingredients as I can, but for my first time preparing this I wanted to follow the recipe as closely as possible. Wow, the flavor and aroma are amazing and this will definitely be repeated in my home! Thanks MilanzMom!
WOW! This was sooo good! I used regular chili beans instead of hot, 1/2 an onion, and 2 cans of diced tomatoes instead of stewed but followed the recipe on everything else. I also added a little water. This was great and will definitely be a regular at my house!