Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
24 servings: 96 calories per serving, 2.2 grams fat, 2 points per serving.
- 1419.54 ml chocolate-flavor crisp rice cereal
- 22.18 ml margarine
- 22.18 ml reduced-fat peanut butter
- 226.79 g large marshmallows (use half 16-ounce package)
- 78.07 ml reduced-fat semisweet chocolate morsel
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the rice cereal in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan combine the marshmallows and margaine with peanut butter; cook stirring constantly over low heat until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal; stir with wooden spoon until well coated.
- Add/mix in reduced-fat chocolate morsels.
- Press the mixture into prepared pan, using a rubber spatula to spread out.
- Cut into 24 bars.
Make sure you recalculate the points to reflect the PointsPlus values!
I was looking for a recipe to use up old stale marshmallows and some chocolate rice cereal, and I really liked this! I must confess, I used regular peanut butter, regular butter, regular chocolate chips, and I only had 3 cups of cereal. So I don't think I made a low-fat or low-calorie treat, but I loved the peanut butter with the chocolate.
These were just ok for us. I only had 5 cups of cereal , but went ahead and used the regular amount of everything else called for. I'm glad I did or I never would've had enough coating. There is very very little peanut butter flavor to these , kind of like a "why bother" if you can't taste it type things. I guess if you were doing the WW thing , you would be happy to have a low point crunchy sweet, we just didn't care for them all that much. Sorry Kittencal!! Thanks for posting it though! :)